AdBlock Hosts File for Android
Android is a Linux-based operating system, which means that you can add entries to the hosts file to redirect ad sites to neverland. This effectively wipes out the ads in the browser and in all the apps, giving your device a nice speed boost along the way.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download and install Adfree from Google Play.
- Tap Download and Install Hosts. Let it install.
- Power off your phone and power it back on.
- Make sure your device is rooted and you know how to use ADB.
- Download the hosts file using your Droid by long-pressing on the link and saving it to the SD Card. Alternatively, you can manually place
hosts.txton your SD card under
downloadusing your computer.
- Open up a new Terminal (Mac) or CMD (Windows) window and begin an ADB shell session as normal. Enter this ADB code, line by line, pressing return after each line:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cat /sdcard/download/hosts.txt > /etc/hosts
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
Bugless Beast on Droid 1
- Launch Bugless Beast toolkit. Tap Script Helper.
- Tap ads -b. Tap Yes.
- Restart by holding down r and pressing the power button.